Tuesday, June 9, 2020

I'm excited

I am so excited!!  I actually finished the piecing on my Circles of Life quilt top.  I bought the pattern about 10 years ago and started working on it.  It is paper pieced and rather tedious with rainbow colors and small pieces and eventually it ended up on the UFO pile as other things came up that seemed more important.  During this Quarantine I decided to pull it out and work on it.  I was determined to get the top completed.  After the first day of working on it I was fully aware of why it had gone in the UFO pile in the first place - but I was determined, and I finished it!!

Circles of Life
While I love the quilt and look forward to getting at the quilting - I will NEVER attempt another one.  It was an interesting challenge but I think now I will move on the another challenge - like the Mariner's Star UFO that is sitting in it's own tub - then again maybe something simpler. 

I have in the mean time been working on other projects like my National Days quilt blocks:


These are Memorial Day May 30
National Maritime Day May 22
Mother's Day 2nd Sunday of May
National Prayer Day 1st Friday of May

These are Nation Nap Day March 9
National Let's Laugh Day March 19
National Little Red Wagon Day March 25
National Pencil Day March 30
 This has been such a fun project, I'm looking forward to more of them.

I continue to make the cards - July has many family birthdays so I may be really busy with just cards. 
This is one I made for a family birthday this month.

It also helps with the getting a lot of sewing done that it has been rainy and cold.  The other morning I woke up to This:


It was dark, gloomy and pouring rain.  The water was flooded over the road and running down between the houses - it had overwhelmed the underground drainage tiles.  We've had a few really nice days, but now it is pouring rain again.  I know that in a couple of weeks we will be complaining that it is dry and the farmers will be whining that we need rain.  It is either feast or famine in the Mid-West.

I'm planning on going out to lunch for the first time since early March.  Of course we can't eat indoors - we have to do phone ordering and curbside pick-up but we can eat on the dining patio.  But at least we can get out and do something fun.

I continue to read - a lot:
Tie Died by Carol Dean Jones
A Wee Christmas Homicide by Kaitlyn Dunnett
Prologue to Murder by Lauren Ellis
The Corpse wore Tartan by Kaitlyn Dunnett 
Corsair by Clive Cussler

As you can see I've been enjoying Kaitlyn Dunnett's Series and I love Clive Cussler.  Carol Dean Jones in a new one - she is writing a Quilting series and I enjoyed the first one so I will try another one.  

Hope all are well and happy.  Remember to treat others and you want to be treated, think before you speak and consider the consequences before you act.



No comments: