Monday, September 14, 2020

Bible Sampler Block 1

 I decided since there seems to be no end in sight for this pandemic and I am not joining any more BOMs in the foreseeable future I would pull out a quilt book I bought several years ago and do it as a Block of the Week.  It is The Bible Sampler Quilt by  Laurie Aaron Hird.  I've worked on a couple of her other quilts and read one or two of the books but this one is special to me.  So once a week I will be posting the new block I've made along with the Bible reference for it.


Today's block is In The Beginning, Genesis 1: 1-4


The other name for this block is Heavenly Puzzle - and such an apt block to picture God putting the Universe together according to His plan.  I used the paper piecing method to do this block as I am not very good with diamond shaped pieces.  I would have used the V-block tool but the corners are not true V-blocks so paper piecing was my best choice.

No comments: