Thursday, November 12, 2020

Bible Sampler Block 09

 The Ninth block for my Bible Sampler Quilt is Leaving the Garden based on Genesis 3:20-24.  The Consequence of sin (wrong doing) is usually a loss.  I remember when I was a child I broke the house rules and needed to be punished - it was just before my birthday - so my mother cancelled my birthday party.  My birthday was ignored that year.  You best believe I was on my best behavior for every year after that around my birthday.  Adam and Eve lost so much more for their sin.  They lost their beautiful home, their close intimate relationship with God and they were going to suffer pain and loss for their lives.  I don't like the consequences of my actions, but there are the direct result of disobeying God's Law.  But Praise God that he sent his son to pay my debt and save me from my sin.



Title of the block is Mother's Favorite.

No comments: