Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Northern Illinois Shop Hop - Part 2

I went on the Northern Illinois Quilt Shop Hop on the 8th, 9th, and 10th of November.  My friend and I went to 16 total shops - only 15 of them were on the Passport - the other one was in Wisconsin and since we'd never been to a Wisconsin shop - we just had to do it!!  lol.

Anyway - I got a phone call on Monday - November 21 - informing me that I had won the grand prize for the shop hop - a Bernina 215 Sewing Machine.  Believe me when I say that I was in shock - I rarely if ever win anything.  I go to at least 3 quilt clubs a month that give door prizes and I'm never called - even when there are 6 people attending and 5 prizes are given away.  But I won this wonderful machine.  Dave and I drove up to Rockford yesterday to pick it up and I unpacked it and set it up this morning.  I'm having an issue with the bobbin but I found a couple of U tube videos so I should be able to sort it all out while I'm trying to make Christmas Presents!!  I am really stoked about this.

My next post is going to be my take on making half square triangles - 8 of them at a time.  Hopefully I will get it posted over the weekend.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and I'll have a picture of the new machine by Friday also.


No comments: