Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Project completed

I while ago I posted about our entry way where the mirror tiles started falling off the wall - the first one at 3 in the morning.  Scared my husband and granddaughter out of 3 years growth.  Anyway - we tore all the tiles off the wall, painted, put in Oak baseboard and framing and ledge.  After that was in we decided that the flooring was a mess sooooo - we replaced the landing and the stairs with Oak Laminate flooring - which meant that all the baseboard had to come up and the door framing had to be trimmed as it was cut for the tile that had been on the floor.

I made a Storm at Sea Quilt - machine pieced and hand quilted to hang on the wall - it is a twelve foot wall so there was plenty of room for a large quilt.


I Completed the Quilt in March but we still needed to figure out how to hang it as the studs in the wall are NEVER where you need them.  



We added an oak 1 x 4 and hung the rod on it and placed it where we wanted it rather than where the studs would let us.  

My daughter gave us a wall plaque to hang in the entrance also and we finally got it hung so except for painting the door and the door trim the entry is completed.


Now our next major project is the guest room which hasn't had a renovation since 1994 when our son moved out.

I know I haven't posted my book lists in quite a while.  Not because I haven't been reading - but because I have simply been lazy about doing it.

So:

May  2015 Book List  

Saints Gate by Carla Neggers
Garment of Shadows by Laurie R King
Murder on the Half Shelf by Lorna Barrett
Mediterranean Caper by Clive Cussler
The Grand Finale by Janet Evanovich
Rock Point by Carla Neggers

All of these Authors are old favorites.  Lourie R King continues her tales of Mary and Sherlock - fun and interesting exploits in the 1920 era.  I've read many of Clive Cussler's books, but never read the early ones - so I'm starting at the beginning - This one is actually book 2.  The Carla Neggers books are Book 1 and the Prelude to a new series which I have been enjoying.  And of course who can miss Janet Evanovich whether she is writing about Stephanie Plum or Nick Fox!!

June  2015 Book List 

The Lost Key by Catherine Coulter
The India Fan by Victoria Holt
Dreaming Spies by Laurie R King
Cats Claws by Susan Albert Wittig
Power Play by Catherine Coulter

Again so Old favorite Authors - Catherine Coulter's New series A Brit in the FBI - this is the second in the series (The Lost Key) but it has all the favorite characters from her FBI Series.  This was the first Victoria Holt I have read in way too many years and it was fun.  I love Susan Albert Wittig and she didn't dissapoint with Cats Claws.




No comments: