Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Tuesday Farm Block 1

This month I started a new Block of the Month - but it turned out to be a block of the week as we have to complete 4 blocks each month.  Living in the MidWest in farm country I love the farm theme of this BOM.  It is called Farm Girl Vintage and the book is by Lori Holt.

My favorite farm building is of course the old barn- it is on my most photographed list.






I guess you can sort of get the idea.  At any rate the first block I chose to make was the Old Barn Block.  I'm making the 12 inch blocks although there is a 6 inch option.  I am using new fabric for the background - but the rest of the fabric will be mainly from my stash - unless I run into something I can't fill - which is highly unlikely.

At any rate, here is my block for this week.