Thursday, August 6, 2015

A Day Like no Other

I had so many plans for yesterday - but none of them came to pass!!  It all started the day before when my dryer wouldn't work properly - mainly the clothes wouldn't dry.  Then I get a call from Shazam saying I had some questionable charges on my card - from Florida of all places.  So yesterday I had to deal with the fraud paperwork at the bank, finding a way to pay for my prescriptions without a debit card - and we had to buy a new dryer.

We went to Lowe's - but our local Lowe's only carries gas dryers and I don't like gas dryers so we had to drive over the river to Iowa where that Lowe's carries only electric dryers.  No my dryers has been down for 3 days and we are running out of things like towels and underware - but can we get next day delivery like they "promise" - NO of course not - we can't get delivery until Monday!!  Oh but we can take it with us - right - in our Mustang coupe - not going to happen - in addition I want them to take away the old dryer.

Well you could hang the clothes outside to dry you say - NOT!  I have no lines in the yard - I have no clothes pins and I am not about to buy all of that so I can hang out a few loads of clothes and never use them again.

The mess with the debit card is - hopefully - all sorted out - but I still can't get access to my account online so I don't know what is going on there.  It's frustrating.

Oh Well enough of the rant!!  I did get another Farm Girl Vintage Block by Lori Holt finished.  It is Canning Day Block


I love these blocks - they go together so smoothly and come out nearly exactly the size they are supposed to be.  It is so amazing to me who has trouble with the 1/4 seam thing even when I use the foot and/or measure and mark the line.  I usually end up cutting the pieces about 1/16 to 1/32 inch larger than they are supposed to be to get them to come out right - but so far these ones have been good.

I'm also working on the Craftsy 2015 Block of the Month.  Some of these have been a real challenge, but I'm plugging along and slowly getting them done. 





No comments: