Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Polar Vortex

Today is the day of the polar vortex in my neck of the woods.  Right now the temperature is -13 F and it is noon.  This morning it was -23 F and by tonight it is supposed to be -31 F.  With the wind chills right now it feels like -36 F and we are under a wind chill warning.  I had a doctor's appointment this afternoon but it was cancelled and rescheduled.  That is the second time this season that has happened - two different doctors - once for a snow storm and now for the deadly cold.  Every thing is closed from schools to libraries, from churches to court houses.  And there is not mail delivery - and worse all the quilt shops are closed!!  of course I wasn't planning on going out to shop anyway.


This is the view from my front window.  Hubby got the snow blown out yesterday before the really brutal cold it, and the road commissioner did an amazing job plowing and rocking the road (we are a township road and get no salt) but it is still snow covered and icy and there is a hill to go up in either direction.  This in no way can possibly show the cold.

I'm spending the day on my computer, Then I'm going down to work on my Fun On The Farm quilt by Eleanor Burns ( on facebook) and maybe a couple of other projects I have in the works.

Reading is another good option for the day,

So far this month I've read:

Divine Intervention by Hope Callagahan
Cocaine Blues by Kerry Greenwood
Elegy for Eddie by Jacqueline Winspear
The Race by Clive Cussler
Promise not to Tell by Jayne Ann Krantz

The only new author to me is Kerry Greenwood - her Pharyne Fisher Mysteries.  I watched them on Net-flicks and then my sister told me about the books - I loved it and am looking forward to the next one.

Well, I'm off to do some sewing and hopefully stay warm for the day.

No comments: