Wednesday, January 2, 2019

The Holidays are over

The holidays are finally over and I can take a deep relaxing breath for the first time in months.  I have no more Christmas presents to make or wrap.  I have no more breads to bake or dishes to cook for a Holiday dinner.  Now I can sit and sew quietly for my new great-grand baby girl due in May.  I am so very excited for this to happen and am praying for a beautiful, healthy girl.

I've already made her one set of a bib and burp cloth.  There will be a couple of more in the mix.  I'd like to make the traditional Pugsley/Doutt Poncho for babies for her, and of course she will be getting the baby quilt.  I have it started. 

Most of this has to be completed by March 4th as I go in for a knee replacement surgery that day and I have no idea how long I will be unable to go up and down the stairs to work in my quilt studio.  But I'm not going to worry about that now  I'm going keep my chin up and my attitude positive. 

I'm not making new year resolutions this year - just too frustrating to not keep them.  So I'm going to attempt to do my CALM Meditations most days - 3 out of 5 to begin with.  I want to post 3 really good shots every week on my 365 account.  Hopefully it will get me in the mood to do more.  After my surgery I want to get back to my letter-boxing.  Maybe finding at least one a week.   And I have to help plan at least one road trip this spring - and maybe one in the late summer or early fall.

Next time I will be posting my "award winning" cinnamon roll recipe - Bread machine version - so keep your eyes pealed for that.

No comments: