Thursday, February 13, 2020

Almost Valentine's Day

Thankfully the Winter is passing by - but wouldn't you know, the night before I had a Quilt Club Meeting and a Quilt show - it snowed and the temperature is approaching 0-F and the road is totally snow and ice covered.  I'm not going anywhere today - no Bible Study, to lunch at Bishop Hill and no Quilt Club or Show.  The temperatures are supposed to be in the 40's again by the weekend.  Winter can be so strange.



Took this picture at 1 in the morning during the storm.  Thought the snow on the branches was so pretty and knew it wouldn't be there in the morning when the wind came up.  It was light and fluffy and sparkled when you shown a light on it.

I have been busy with quilt projects.  I found the cutest quilt tutorial at Seriously, I think it needs stitches a blog by Kelli Fanning.  It is a National Day Quilt - the National Rubber Ducky Day, the National Ugly Sweater Day, the National Bird Day - etc.  

These ones are National Candy Cane Day
National Ugly Sweater Day
National Wreath Day
National Button Day

National Red Mitten Day
National Rubber Ducky Day
National Law Enforcement Day
National Bird Day 
 These are all made from my overflowing scrap bucket which makes it even more fun.  I get to make cute blocks and get rid of some of the clutter in my sewing room.

I have actually completed 4 quilts - most of them have been UFO's for a while - but they are now completed and ready to go to whoever God lays on my heart to give them to.  I'm working on two more long time projects - one is over 10 years on the pile - time to get it completed.  Ones that are completed are Here at completed projects for 2020.  I will add the photos as I get them ready.  For previous years projects you can go To the Completed Projects list.

Still doing a lot of reading.
Under Currents by Nora Roberts
Transatlantic Tragedy by Hope Callaghan
The Christmas Boutique by Jennifer Chiaverini
Terns of Endearment by Donna Andrews
Murder on Board by Ivy Dawson
The Tale Teller by Anne Hillerman
A Body on April Fool's Day by Steve DeMere
Sea of Greed by Clive Cussler
Vein of Deceit by Susanna Gregory

Only one new author this time - Ivy Dawson - Don't know if I'll read any more.  It was OK but not really great to me.  For a complete listing of all the authors and books I've read you can check them out HERE.

Happy Valentine's Day to all!!

No comments: