Friday, March 13, 2020

Spring has come!?

Spring has come - or is it our False Spring or our Teasing Spring or is it really Spring.  At any rate the Robins are back, the birds are singing their hearts out from the trees in the neighborhood and the sun is shining - well sometimes.  Yesterday it was foggy damp and cold, and on Tuesday it poured rain all day and was pretty chilly - but at least it wasn't ice and snow and the robins and other birds were still around and making merry music! 

Yesterday I went to my Thursday Quilting club and we had a little quilt show of the quilts we made a year or so ago.  We all used the same basic pattern but each chose a different colorway and each one had something that the maker changed - a border - a different block or something.  Each one was unique and it was amazing how different each one looked. 



This was my entry - called Autumn Stars - It was very well received - I think because of the sharp contrast with the background - it made everything pop out.  I'm pleased with the results.  

I'm still working on my National Days/Months blocks.  this is really fun project  If you would like to join in - the National Days Tutorials are at I think it needs stitches Blog.
National Gingerbread House Day
National Tea Month (January)
National Heart Healthy Month (February)
National Umbrella Day

National Groundhog Day
Mickey Mouse Birthday
National Cake Day
Valentine's Day

National Handwriting Day
National Flashlight Day
National Cupcake Day
National Necktie Month (December)
I will be teaching a class on paper piecing in a few weeks and I really need to get busy on my lesson plan and my sample - I have it started but the most difficult part is actually sitting down and doing it.  I want to get on that today.  I also have a couple of quilts to finish for the Quilts of Compassion drive for those affected my the Tornado in Tennessee.  Check out their Facebook Page HERE.

I am an avid reader, from Dr Seuss to David Baldecci to Jane Austen  Occasionally I find one I don't like and there are certain types of books I won't read - but I love books - too many books and not enough hours to read them.

I rediscovered Charlotte McLeod  I loved her in the past and have started reading her again - it is as much fun as it was the first time around.  So far I've read
The Family Vault - A Sarah Kelling & Max Bittershon Mystery
God Rest Ye Merry  - A Peter Shandy Mystery
Others include:
One Good Deed by David Baldecci
Tucan Keep a Secret - Donna Andrews
Pirates in Peril and Matrimony & Murder by Hope Callaghan



No comments: