Friday, March 20, 2020

My New Normal!

I've been staying home and avoiding people since Tuesday afternoon.  Had a Doctor's appoint that I couldn't miss.  My Quilt clubs have been postponed, Church and all it's activities have been cancelled, the schools and library are closed, the bank lobby is closed and I can't take my granddaughter out for lunch on her birthday today as all the restaurants are closed.

But on the bright side, I've been catching up on my sewing and quilting.  My plan is to clear the chair and table of half-done quilts and get them off to the groups they are slated for when this is all over.  We've actually started really cleaning the house - it is amazing how much better a room looks when you clear out what doesn't belong there and dust and sweep - wow we found the top of the dresser!!

When the weather clears and it quits raining - I plan on a morning walk for some fresh air and sunshine, since I live in the country the chances of running into a crowd of people is vanishing small. 

I did complete a quilt the other day - it is from a panel that someone gave me years ago.  Then we had a pipe freeze and burst flooding part of my sewing room.  Almost everything was in plastic tubs, but there was one crate that was an open weave - so about 2/3 of that got wet.  After a run through the dryer, and the nightmare of having to iron all that fabric - most of it was less that 1/4 yard.  I found 3 pieces that would make perfect borders and binding for this panel.  This accomplished 2 things - it got that fabric out of my stash and it will bring comfort to someone in need. 


I'm also still working on my National Day Quilt. 

National Dog Biscuit Day
National Pig Day
National Strawberry Day
National Periodic Table Day
I've actually texted with 3 of my grandchildren yesterday - They must be bored too - I'm usually lucky to hear from one of them in a week, but I'm not complaining - it was great to talk to them. 

I've been getting more reading done 
Alibi by Ellen Enright Hodgett
A Puzzling Murder by Steve Demaree
and I'm reading A Minute to Midnight by David Baldecci  He is one of my most favorite authors.
on my list is a Susanna Gregory medieval mystery, a Charlotte MacLeod mystery, A Phyllis Whitney Mystery and a Patricia Wentworth mystery.  Looking forward to them.  I am so grateful for my library where I can download books onto my tablet to read and I don't have to go to the store.  I also don't have to worry about having to take them back.

I'm working on a paper-piecing lesson for my group of quilters at church.  Hopefully we will be able to have our meeting in April, but it can wait until May or even June.

Praying for a lovely day for all. 

No comments: