Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Living Under Stay At Home Order Part 4

It has been a crazy, informative time - There are many good things about the Quarantine and there are many less than good things.  There are things I thought I would miss and don't and things I didn't realize I would miss and do, and things I knew I would miss and I really miss them.  I miss seeing my grand kids and my great grand kids so very much, but then I knew that.  I miss the big family get togethers - you know the ones - they are exhausting and exasperating and so much fun!!  I miss lunch with my girls - daughter, daughter-in-law, and granddaughters - lunch with my friends, & Coffee with my BFF. I miss Church and Bible Study and that Fellowship - but am grateful to my pastor for posting everything on the internet so we can all keep up and keep in touch.  And I miss my quilt gatherings and friends, and I miss the road trips with my quilt buddy.

I've found I have more time to help Hubby with the Spring Yard work - not something I'm thrilled about - I hate yard work - he usually calls me in when he wants something to die - if I tough a growing plant - it dies.  I have two black thumbs - I can only grow Dandelions!  I have more time for cleaning - UGH - not my favorite thing either!!

I've actually been doing laps in my driveway now that the rain has eased off and the temps are back up to something resembling Jacket weather.  I mean would you believe it - we had a couple of 70 degree days and then in one week we had TWO - not one but TWO - snow storms.  Not little flurry things but 4 - 6 inches of wet sticky stuff.

Snow on the Maple bud trying to come out.

The poor Robin in the back tree trying to avoid the snow.
I have also had plenty of time to work on my sewing.  I've been working on a Block of the month called Sophie's Garden - it is part cotton fabric with applique in wool.  I haven't done a lot of work with wool so this is a new challenge.  I also have my second Quilt of Valor  Ready to be quilted, that is going to happen as soon as I get the center of my Hue quilt Quilted.

I've also been working on my National Day Quilt  These ones are all my own design as Angie decided to take a break.  That's okay as I have been having a lot of fun with it.


April Fool's Day
Find a Rainbow Day
National Unicorn Day
Easter Sunday
I have the rest of April's days planned and/or completed but not finished and photographed.

Today I plan to try my had at making a face mask, finishing the center of the Hue Quilt and working on a Challenge put out by my favorite Quilt Shop  The Quilt Box.  Might have to help Hubby clean the front deck if it warms up a bit.

Been doing a lot of reading too mostly by comfortable, familiar authors:

Alien Allure by Hope Callaghan
Broken Bone China by Laura Childs
The Killer of Pilgrims by Susanna Gregory
Emerald by Phyllis Whitney
A Minute to Midnight by David Baldecci
Plaid and Plagiarism by Molly Mcrae

I'm looking forward to many things - a big family birthday party, a road trip to see my great-granddaughter in Chicago - a road trip with my Quilt Buddy/BFF, a Road trip with my Hubby, and a Church with all my church family.

Stay safe and Healthy.

No comments: