Thursday, April 2, 2020

Living Under Stay at Home Order Part 3


Our Order was supposed to be lifted on Tuesday, but things are not going well over in Chicago so the Governor has locked us down until the end of April at the earliest.  We had planned a trip for out 50th anniversary and my sister and her husband planned a party for their 25th with their daughters flying in, one from Oregon and one from Australia - but I don't believe that is going to happen.  Life is on hold for the foreseeable future.  The thing seems to be that what is separating us is also drawing us together.  My family is all seeming to be talking to each other even though there were little spats before all this started.  By talking I really mean texting - but it is still communication.  We are all cooking - my daughter was making a pot roast the other day and I've actually been cleaning out all those "Planned overs" I had in the freezer for a rainy day - well I think the rainy day has come. 

My other thing is clearing out all those old projects that have been sitting around my sewing room for YEARS! 

 This Chevron Quilt started live about 7 or so years ago when my Quilt Sister and I went to Missouri Star Quilt Company in Hamilton, MO.  I ended up not getting enough Charm Packs  so on another trip to Hancock's of Paducah I found more light that would work.  It ended up still not being enough and I scrounged to find things that would work.  Finally drew it all together and finished it - a bit smaller than I planned but done!!  It is going to the Charity pile. 

This is the 11th of my Monthly Silhouettes - I've been working on the 12 of them for at least 6 years.  They aren't all that hard to do as they are appliqued - and I do Machine work for that - it is just doing it I guess.  Anyway it was completed in the last couple of weeks.

This is a relatively new one.  It was started January 2019 as an internet BOM from Quilt Doodle Designs and the last of the blocks was posted in January 2020.  I completed the quilt on March 30, 2020 and I plan on keeping it but Don't know for sure yet.


National Crayon Day
National Puppy Day
National Quilting Day
National Real Tolkien Day
This as caught me up on my National Quilt Blocks to the end of March.  I'm working on April 1 but it is not done yet.  Hopefully Kellie will be back soon with some ideas to continue on.  It's not always easy to find a day you can transform into a quilt block.  Like what do you do with National Burrito Day!!

I am staying home and finding things to do.  We have spent two afternoons so far cleaning the yard up after the crazy winter we had.  We have at least one more day on the front yard before it begins to look normal.  I had trimmed back a couple of bushes in the late fall and didn't get them cleaned up before the snow and rains hit.  The leaves didn't get cleaned up as most of them didn't fall before the snow and rains hit, and the wind took a lot of small branches and sticks out of the front trees and all that has to be cleaned up.  What a mess!!  Oh well it gets up out in the fresh air and sunshine, both of which are good for us. 

Php 4:8  Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

No comments: