Sunday, December 13, 2020

Holiday Blues & Golds

 I have been fighting with myself over celebrating Christmas this year.  This is not my favorite time of year to begin with and the disaster of this entire year has made me even less inclined to "celebrate".  I was not planning on putting up the tree, or decorating at all.  We are not getting together with the family - I am immunocompromised and need to be very careful.  Most of my family is anti-mask and anti-taking precautions, so I just planned to hibernate.  

Then hubby got to talking about Christmas and we started planning out Christmas Dinner and decided on Fillet Mignon.  I have to go get lab work done tomorrow so I'm going to stop at a little old time butcher shop downtown and pick up two for Christmas.  I also will make my traditional Cinnamon Rolls for Breakfast and my Cheesy Potatoes to go with the Fillets.  I'm thinking of a fruity salad to brighten up the plates.  

Then he started talking about what I wanted for Christmas.  Where did that come from - what I want for Christmas no one can give me.  A visit with my Great-Grand-Children, an end to the pandemic, another Christmas with my Dad, peace on earth, unity in our country, health, safety, Love, joy.  But then I realized that some of those at lease I have now, or will have one day - just not today - I have to have patience and Faith.  God has promised all these things to me by sending Jesus to bring me the greatest gift of all - Salvation!  So We put up the Christmas tree.  We will finish decorating it this afternoon  and I dug out the nativity that my Dad made for me nearly 50 years ago - so in a way he will be with me for Christmas.  Maybe tomorrow or Tuesday I'll set up my Christmas Village and hubby and I will enjoy some hot Chocolate and some Christmas music and pretend, and least for a few days, that life is normal and 2020 never existed.

 

No comments: