Sunday, December 6, 2020

Snow!!

 Yesterday was such a lovely day.  Warm enough for me to go out a walk for 20 minutes and it truly raised my spirits.  I have a difficult time in December - I guess I'm one of those Seasonal Affected Disorder people.  I take Vitamin D and it helps but I'm also not a real fan of the Holidays.  Especially the way we celebrate it with all the crazy rushing around wearing ourselves out wasting money buying presents that no one wants and would use for every Tom, Dick, Harry, Susan and Fido that we  ever knew.  I want things to be quieter, I don't care if I get any gifts, I just want my family to be healthy and happy, and I would love it if we could all be together this year - which will not happen for obvious reasons.  I would love to be able to attend the Christmas services at my church, but there will not be any this year for obvious reasons and I would like to have someone else do all the prep and clean-up work.  But since there will be no family celebration this year there won't be any.  I'm hanging in there but there are days when it is difficult for me especially at this time of the year.

Like I said it was a lovely day yesterday, I woke up to snow this morning - not a lot of snow, but snow none the less that was not predicted until about 15 minutes before it started.  It should melt off shortly as it is supposed to get into the 40's and I can take my walk later.  

You all know how much I love to read, and I have been reading a lot over the last few months..  I found several new authors that I really like and 1 or 2 that I will never read again.  One of the keepers is a series by Charles Veley - Sherlock and Lucy - The first one was the Last Moriarty.  The one I'll never read again was by Peggy Ehrhart.  The book was Silent Knit, Deadly Knit (Knit and Nibble Series)  It was just a boring book.  Almost no mystery progression, too much about what they were eating (toast and coffee for breakfast) the process of making coffee ad nauseum, what they were going to wear and the tag sales they went to, but nothing that worked you to solving the murder that they discovered in the first chapter.  I finally gave up and read they last chapter - the murderer was someone that I didn't remember even being in the story.  Come on!

At any rate I am working on about a dozen quilts but having hurt my shoulder by a partial dislocation and then continuing to use it without knowing why it was hurting - I ended up unable to use my right arm for over a month.  so needless to say things didn't get worked on.  I still can't use a rotary cutter but I can use the scissors so while it's slower I am making progress.  Paper Piecing is really conducive to using scissors so that it what I've been working with lately.    

No comments: