Friday, January 1, 2021

Happy New Year 2021!

 We are all praying for a New Year that is so much better than the last. A Year full of Accomplishments, fun, friends, family, love and health.  I'm tired of not being able to go do ALL the things I've always done and I'm not naive enough to think because the calendar changed over to a new year that all will heal overnight.  But I'm learning to go with the flow and do what I can.  

I haven't been in a quilt shop in almost 2 months - a real record for me.  No Block of the Month Clubs, no quilt shop hops, no running out just for something to do.  I haven't been grocery shopping in nearly 10 months.  Was to the Dollar story I think 4 times, the Pharmacy (small and local) to get my prescriptions, and went with my husband to pick out the flooring for the bedroom.  I think when I finally can safely go out I'll be like a kid on his first trip to Disney Land - everything new and exciting.  

We went all through December with very little in the way of Winter weather - now in the last 10 days we've had 3 winter storms.  The last two including the one happening today are more ice storms than snow storms.  I would prefer snow - I can drive in snow if a have to, or walk out to the mailbox, but ice - there is nothing you can do.  I pray that it is cleared by Monday so I can get out for my appointments on Monday and Tuesday.  Otherwise I will stay home for the rest of January.

I have done a lot of Quilting and Reading in 2020.  Finished a lot of UFO's but to my discredit I started as many projects as I finished so I didn't really gain much in the clearing out the stack war.  Oh Well!

As for Reading, the list is long and varied.

I found some new authors I've enjoyed:

Carol Dean Jones

Charles Velley

Julie Klausen

Kaitlyn Dunner

Reconnected with some old Favorites from years ago:

Mary Stewart

Aaron Elkins

Charlotte McCloud

Carl Haasen

Phyllis Whitney

Emily Brightwell

And Continued with current Favorites:

Clive Cussler

Janet Evanovich

Marie Boswick

Ellery Adams

Hope Callaghan

Amanda Quick/Jayne Ann Krantz

David Baldecci

 Susan Wittig Albert

Jennifer Chiaverini

Laura Childs

Nancy Atherton

Donna Andrews

That is probably not a complete list - but it gives you an idea.  I would be hard pressed to give you my favorite book of this year.  I think that always depends on the time of the year and the mood I'm in at the time.  

I'm off today to try to design a snowflake block to hang by the door for the next couple of months.


No comments: