Sunday, January 10, 2021

Icy January

 It has been an icy January so far.  Two massive Ice storms and days on end of fog, but thankfully it has not been terribly cold.  Cold enough to keep the ice and snow around but not cold enough to freeze your toes off.  Of course I would love one of those Januarys where it is 65 and sunny and you can go walking in your shirtsleeves - but those are few and far between.  

This was taken in the fog the morning after the second ice storm.  It was foggy for three days.

This was taken out my back door the following day.  The trees are covered still with ice and Hoarfrost.  It was one of the most beautiful sights I had seen in the neighborhood.  It turned foggy again later that day and we haven't seen the sun since. 
 

I am learning to take my beauty where I can find it this last year - sometimes it is hard to come by.  

My block of the week (#17) for The Bible Sampler Quilt is Jacob's Ladder - the story of Jacob's Struggle with God in the wilderness.  


I made it using the Wing Clipper II from Studio 180 and one other ruler from her collection.  Making flying Geese with precision piecing is just not my thing - they always come out wonky and look terrible.  The story of Jacob's Ladder is in Genesis 28: 10-15.  The name of the block is also called Jacob's Ladder.

My first completed project of 2021 is a Snowflake wall hanging.


I like to hang small quilts beside my front door - a long narrow one on the left and a square one on the right.  For winter I had a Snowman for the left but nothing for the right so I used the old tried and true method of making snowflakes from grade school, traced it on fusable and appliqued it to the square.  

I have no idea what my next completed project will be - even after spending last year trying to clear out my UFO's - I still seem to have more that I should have.  I guess this year I will try to avoid starting too many new projects and work on completing the ones I already have going.  



No comments: