Saturday, January 16, 2021

Second Full Week of 2021

 I can't say 2021 has started off much better than 2020.  Last year was the 4 day migraine, this year two huge ice storms and more riots.  Oh well - I've decided to ignore the rest of the world for a while and see what I can do in my little sphere of influence to hopefully make friends and neighbors lives a little bit brighter.  Maybe changing my tiny bit of world will help change a bigger bit of world.  

The new Mug Rug I made to be part of my project for the new year.  Just hopefully the first of many.

I completed the 18th block in my Bible Sampler Quilt - The Coat of Many Colors from Genesis 37: 1-4 & 25-28.  It is the story of Joseph the favorite son of Jacob and his rocky and destructive relationship with his 10 older brothers and the tragedy that ensued.   


I used Deb Tucker's Studio 180 tools and technique sheets to create the block.  It can be done in many ways.  The corners are called shaded 4-patches, the centered blocks are a form of flying geese.  The full name of the block is Joseph's Coat.

I've been working on a lot of different things this week - among them the Sesame Street Quilt and the Taos quilt - both of which are months in the future for completion.

My daughter gave me a Christian Day Planner for Christmas and I really like it.  So I decided to make something to keep the pen and pencil close so I wouldn't be constantly searching for them when I wanted to make a note.  So this is what I came up with:


I have several that are bookmarks that slide over the pages.  I added the pockets to hold the pens.  It certainly is making life a bit easer since I always lose track of my pens/pencils.  


 

No comments: