Saturday, January 30, 2021

January Reading List

 I am a voracious reader but lately I have not been very good at getting my reading list onto my blog - so I'm going to try to do better - once a month posting what I have been reading that month.  Because it has been such a dark, cold icky month, the list is pretty long.



So here goes for January:

Paradox by Catherine Coulter - This is one of her FBI series with Savage and Sherlock.  I really like this series of books and this one was as engrossing and addicting as all the others.

The Plot is Murder by V.M. Burns - This was a new author for me and it was an OK book - don't know if I'll read anymore or not.

Darling Dahlias & the Voodoo Lily by Susan Wittig Albert - She is one of my favorite authors and I have read all the Darling Dahlias and China Bayles books and also the ones she wrote with her husband as Robin Paige - great stories and excellent research.

Squeeze Me by Carl Hiaasen - Another dark humor, irreverent look at our society.  I enjoy his books - but only about 1 or 2 a year.

Game of Bones by Carolyn Haines - Another in the series with heroines Sarah Booth Delaney and her partner Tinkie.  Great read as always from this author.

Missing Memories - Carol Dean Jones - Another in the Quilting Cozy series with Heroine Sarah.  It is a fun easy read - I've enjoyed all of them so far.

A Visitation of Angels by Carolyn Haines - Another of Carolyn Haines series - this one called Pluto's Snitch.  This is the 4th in the series and they are always a gripping rather scary read but enjoyable.

Firelines by Susan Wittig Albert - This is the Third in a trilogy called Pecan Springs Enterprise.  Enjoyed all three as they are a continuous story with a satisfying conclusion.

Christmas Crisis by Hope Callahan - This is an installment in her Garden Girls Series and these are so much fun.  Always a mystery to solve - not always a murder.  Basically good clean fun.

Eternity Ring by Patricia Wentworth  - Patricia always delivers a rousing mystery and one I usually don't actually figure out before the end.  These are old books, but well worth the read.

The Withdrawing Room by Charlotte McCloud - This is the second in the Max Bittershorn and Sara Kelling Series.  Always fun to read and worth the time for a second, third or fourth look.


No comments: