Saturday, February 6, 2021

Snowy Saturday

 Third Snow storm this week!  I've really had enough!  We don't normally get this much snow in an entire season - we've had it in a week - this is the 5th storm in the last 3 weeks or so - But I am grateful for a warm house - plenty of food - warm blankets and a loving husband to help keep me warm.  It is supposed to get very very cold this week and I'm also grateful I don't have to go out anywhere before possibly Thursday.  I would love to go to church tonight but with the snow and the blowing and drifting it really isn't safe so I will get it online in the morning.  

I did accomplish a lot today.  Finished the quilting on the center medallion of my Stars around the Garden quilt.  Will start working on the first border tomorrow - it shouldn't take nearly as long to quilt it - famous last words. 

 I have been fighting with a quilt called Taos.  I have misplaced the Part 6 pattern - that wasn't so horrible I could work around that, but then I last of the diamonds for the center Medallion wouldn't come out right - one side was the correct size - the other side was 1/2 " too long - no idea what was wrong.  I had already ripped these things out twice and recut some of them and just had enough.  I packed the entire thing away.  I will get the rest of the monthly patterns and hopefully I will find the missing one and someday in the future I will go back to it.  For now I have so much that needs quilted or needs pieced that is actually fun to keep me busy for quite a while.

I did complete block 21 for my Bible Sampler Quilt:


It is Children of Israel, both the study and the title of the block.  The scripture is Exodus 1:1-11.


No comments: