Monday, February 25, 2013

Hannah's Block

Today we are waiting to see if the new Winter Storm is actually going to hit us, or if, like all the storms so far this year it will skate by us just brushing us with a touch of snow or a bit of ice.  The worst one was last Monday when we lost the power because of icing and wind.  As I sit and wait and wonder, I think of Hannah.  She waited and wondered what God had in mind for her.  Personally I think her story is one of the saddest in the Bible.  A woman who wanted children, would make a wonderful Mother, was loving and caring and generous, but was denied for many years.  To add insult to injury her husband had another wife - was Peninnah older or younger than Hannah - and she had children and she lorded that over Hannah.  But the husband loved Hannah more.  What a set up for terrible trouble.  You have to admire Hannah though.  She too it all to God and laid it at His feet - and left it here.  Don't I wish I could do that when troubles hit home.

Hannah - Altar Steps

Peninnah - Contrary Wife

It is time to go work on the quilting for my current project which I really need to get finished - as there are 4 more behind it that need quilted - at least 3 of them by hand.  I love doing it, but it does take a lot of time.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Love your blocks, and your thoughts about Hannah. I think every woman can relate to Hannah's wondering what the Lord has in store of her. Not all of us are as wise as Hannah, though.