Thursday, February 7, 2013

Rainy Day in February

It has been a crazy week.  It started off on Sunday when one of the Granddaughters put a kettle of water on the stove to heat to make tea.  Problem was is was an electric kettle.  You guessed the rest - it melted the plastic base and the house filled with noxious smoke.  We got the smoke cleared finally - open windows at 26 F but who cares - fresh air is necessary.  Got rid of the melted plastic and cleaned to stove top - it's ceramic so it cleaned well - and hubby got me a new kettle.  The little one felt bad and I don't think she'll do that again.  I had no intention of mentioning it to anyone - but she ratted herself out the minute she got home. The only problem was it has taken me 4 days to overcome the smoke - I have been coughing myself sick - we finally got me some heavy duty cough medication and it is finally settling down.

Yesterday was lunch with the Sonshine group and we had 13 there which is large for us.  We had a really lovely time.  Most of these people I only see once a month if that so it was so nice to share and chat with them.  It was such a nice day - for February - that I went on a mini Photoshoot after lunch.  There is not really a lot to photograph in Northern Illinois in February - but if you look you can usually find something.


This was my photo of choice yesterday - it's some vine that grows in Duck Creek park over an arbor.  

I also finished two of my Women of the Bible Blocks This Week.  One is for Naomi and the other is for her daughter-in-law Orphah  Both of their stories are found in the book of Ruth.

Orpha - Back Home

Ruth - Homecoming


I wanted to go to Bible Study today - but we have discovered a massive oil leak in my car - the oil is not registering on the dip stick even after putting 2 quarts in, so I think I might have a problem.  Hubby and Son think they know what the problem is so hopefully they will get it fixed quickly - I don't like being without a car - too many things to do and places to go.  

Well, I'm off to work on a couple other projects today and try to stay dry in this dreary rain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The fabric in your Ruth block is amazing. Love both blocks. What a week you had! Raining a lot here in E. TN, too. I hope your car is fixed right away. We are so dependent on our transportation, it seems like real deprivation when we don't have it!