Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Today is a day all about love - Love for family - love for friends - but especially love for God and God's love for us. Valentine's Day has always been my favorite of all the holidays. It seems appropriate the on Valentine's Day I'm posting my Women of the Bible Quilt block for Ruth - for her story is a love story. A story that started in tragedy and ended in triumph - a story of duty, devotion, care and love.

Ruth


This block was made using a technique called English Paper Piecing.  It works wonderful for odd shaped pieces the only drawback is that it is done entirely by hand.  I really wish I had known about this when I made my Grandmother's Flower Garden back in the dark ages!!  Did they even have English Paper Piecing back then??

Valentine's Day is also the day I usually aim to have all the Christmas Decorations packed away.  That is my least favorite chore EVER!  Now don't get me wrong.  I have had the tree down for well over a month - but the decorations - well they were piled on my dining room table waiting to get packed in boxes and put into storage.  Well with hubby's help, I managed to get everything packed away and the Christmas table topper put away and the Valentine one on the table.  Everything has yet to be taken to storage - should we aim for St. Patrick's Day to accomplish that!!


 


3 comments:

Pat from Florida said...

You did a super job on this block! I have the pieces cut out, but not stitched yet.

I still have nativities out. Might just leave them out:)

mharpole said...

You did a beautiful job on this block. I did this block last year and would you believe rather than a 6 inch block, it came out at 8 inches. Have no idea how I let that happen--but I leaned from my mistake and now I measure, measure, and measure again.

I love this Bible study and enjoy everyone sharing.

mharpole said...

You did a beautiful job on this block. I did this block last year and would you believe rather than a 6 inch block, it came out at 8 inches. Have no idea how I let that happen--but I leaned from my mistake and now I measure, measure, and measure again.

I love this Bible study and enjoy everyone sharing.