Thursday, February 28, 2013

Last Day of February-tea & snow

I really don't know where this month has gone - it has just flitted away somewhere - And I still haven't seen my first robin!!  I thought maybe since we had such a mild winter that the robins would return early - So I must just keep watching.

We have been having a Winter storm for the last 3 days.  It started on Tuesday Morning and snowed all of Tuesday and Wednesday and is still spitting snow today.  Now it didn't snow steadily all that time and some of it came down mixed with freezing drizzle so we only got maybe 4-6 inches - which is way more than I care to deal with.  So instead of dealing with the snow I buried myself in my quilt studio and played.

Bushes in the backyard yesterday afternoon

I love tea - herb teas, flavored teas, green tea, white tea, oolong tea You name it.  I finally have a granddaughter who also likes tea - so now we can have tea parties.  So I made a Tea Time Mug Rug

Tea Time Mug Rug

I will make another one for her and we can brew a pot of tea and chat about whatever is on her mind.  The Crocheted Rose is from a pattern called Lace and Roses Scarf I made the scarf and the roses to go on it, but I loved the roses so much and they were so easy that I decided to make some more and do a bouquet of them.  I have two done so for.

Anyway - hopefully I will be able to get out this afternoon the driveway is clear and hubby is really good behind the wheel of the new mustang he bought!!


No comments: