Sunday, February 10, 2013

Rainy Day - Again!

It has been a very rainy day today - the ditches across the street are filled to nearly overflowing.  This is not a really bad thing as we had a very dry summer.  I am grateful that it was rain and not snow like they are getting up north and in the east.  We've actually had very little snow this winter - but still I'm truly looking forward to Spring.  A friend posted pictures of her daffodils today - of course she lives in California so they come early.  I'll be happy if we have Daffodils by Easter - which is early this year.

My husband didn't get my Cougar repaired yet.  It has been too wet to crawl under the car and see if the oil senser unit is what is leaking oil.  But he did get the Grand Marque running and put air in all the tires.  We haven't used the GM much since he bought his Mustang - it actually hasn't been started since October.  But it is running now and I made it to church this morning.  He'll just have to keep an eye on the tires as one has a slow leak in it - the mounting is not right.

I didn't get a lot done yesterday as I didn't get to sleep until 5 in the morning, so I slept until nearly 2 in the afternoon.  An unusual occurance for me.  I was a bit upset as my son called about 11:30 - we were supposed to have lunch.  I couldn't have gone anyway as the car wasn't repaired and I REFUSE to drive the Mustang - I'm not going to be responsible for the first scratch, ding or dent that gets put on that car!!

I did spend a little time in my sewing studio this afternoon.  I made a set of coasters that I have had cut out and cluttering up the table for several months.  Decided it was time to take care of that!

The other day I made a Tea Wallet.  I found the idea on one of my quilting message boards and was delighted with the idea.  I love tea and I'm not really fond of plain old Orange-pekoe blend - I prefer herbals, green or white.


At any rate, hopefully tomorrow I will wake up early and get some work done of several projects I've got going and maybe even be able to go out and find something to photograph that isn't grey, brown or bland.  

No comments: